M Cafe, Montreal

M Cafe, Montreal

A convenient place to brunch or lunch when you're downtown Montreal is M Cafe. Anytime I've been desperate for food, M Cafe always seems to be around the corner.

On my first visit, after a long night of fun, a couple of ladies and I stopped here for a much needed brunch. I ordered the bénédictine fumé, a full plate of two poached eggs with smoked salmon, Swiss cheese, onions, capers, potatoes, and fresh fruit. This normally comes with hollandaise, but as always, I ask them to leave it off. I adore eggs, and want to taste every bit of it which is why I don't like having sauce on my eggs.

Smoked Salmon
Benedictine Fume

Everyone else had the western omelette. Three eggs cooked with peppers, ham, onions and zucchini. This was served with house potatoes and fresh fruit

Omelette
Western Omelette

One thing I like about this place is their selection of macarons. There is always a beautiful display of them and macarons always get me excited because they are a small reminder of Paris for me. On my first visit, I tried the blueberry, caramel fleur de sel, and hazelnut chocolate macaron. The blueberry was surprisingly good! That one wasn't my choice but I'm sure glad I tried it!

Macarons
Blueberry, Caramel Fleur de Sel, and Hazelnut Chocolate Macarons

On my second visit, CK and I were starving from shopping and walking all day, and voila, M Cafe was conveniently right in front of us ready to save us from starvation. We popped in for a late lunch.

I ordered la bergère salad. It was a mixed salad with raisins, walnuts, dried cranberries, and a piece of warm, pan fried goat cheese. I would have liked the goat cheese to have been cooked a little bit longer but it was a good salad overall.

Bergere Salad
La Bergere Salad

CK will always order a burger when he can, so he chose le M burger. The burger was made of angus beef, and was served with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and fries. Wasn't a fabulous burger...it was an average burger was how he put it.

M Burger
Le M Burger

Of course, I could not leave without ordering a macaron. This time, I chose the peppermint mango macaron sprinkled with black pepper on top. It tasted more like a mango macaron with black pepper on top. I couldn't taste the peppermint at all. But I didn't mind. It was a pretty cool combination regardless.

Mango Macaron
Peppermint Mango Macaron

M Cafe
1458 rue de la Montagne
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Telephone: 514-842-8825

2 comments:

It must be named after me:) Kidding of course..real macarons? One day if we are there perhaps I will go in and see..
Your meals look delicious.

You are always so informative.
:)

Uh... I don't think those macarons are made fresh at M Cafe. I think they source it from La Maison du Macaron in Montreal. I say this because I purchase macarons from that store often and I know how their macarons and flavours look and taste. Their mango & black pepper macaron is one of La Maison du Macaron's specialties.