Pain Beni, Quebec City

Pain Beni, Quebec City

A great restaurant to check out in Quebec City is Pain Beni. What I love about this place is that every dish is unique in its own way. Whether it is the creative plating, interesting flavor combinations, or the use of modern techniques, every dish had a nice surprise.

I am sad to say that I misplaced my notes on what we ate, so I won't be able to describe the dishes in detail. I normally wouldn't post about a resto in such a case, but I really wanted to share this place! It really is a great restaurant that is worth checking out.

My appetizer was the salmon gravlax with beet waffles. The dish was served on a slab of marble which I thought was very unique.

Smoked Salmon
Salmon Gravlax and Beet Waffles

My friend S had the tuna tartare. Loved the beautiful edible flower that complimented the dish.

Tuna Tartare
Tuna Tartare

Right before our mains, we were served a complimentary and very unique palate cleanser. It was a strawberry, coriander and pink pepper sorbet. Not sure if it really cleaned my palate but the flavor combination was so incredible, I didn't really care.

Strawberry Sorbet
Strawberry, Coriander, and Pink Pepper Sorbet

My main was the beef cheeks served with grilled peach and polenta. Beef cheeks is very French, but there was definitely a modern twist to this dish.

Beef Cheeks
Beef Cheeks

S had the silky black cod with Asian vegetables and miso foam.

Black Cod
Black Cod

My dessert was the coconut rice pudding with cashew granola, wasabi peas, and coconut sorbet. There was a great blend of flavors in this dish!

Coconut Rice Pudding
Coconut Rice Pudding

S had the vanilla waffles with fruit compote. Looks like their waffle maker was put to good use that evening.

Pancakes and Fruit Compote
Waffles with Fruit Compote

Pain Béni 24 rue Sainte-Anne
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
418-694-9485

Le Pain Béni on Urbanspoon

1 comments:

I feel like making little heart waffles now..
The food sounds unique..Beautifully presented too..Can you believe I visited QC when I was 10..w/ my mom..then perhaps 5 yrs ago for 1 hour! We visited a garden did not have a chance to explore..I should have:(I am taking all this in..for my future.