Le Louis-Hebert, Quebec City

Auberge Louis Hebert

A beautiful place to visit in the summer time is Quebec City. Good weather, good shopping, historical beauty, natural beauty, and of course, great food!

This week, I'm going to do a quick tour of some of my favorite places to eat in Quebec City.

Quebec City
Quebec City

Le Louis-Hébert is a solid French restaurant with great people watching if you can snag a seat on la terrasse. It is also part of Auberge Louis-Hebert, a European-style 7-bedroom lodge on the busy Grand-Allee Street.

My friend, S and I grabbed a quick lunch on the terrace as we enjoyed the sun and people watching.

I ordered two starters for my meal. The first was the smoked salmon and Yukon gold chips napolean with sour cream and curried oil.

Smoked Salmon
Smoked Salmon

My second was the duo of duck foie gras: "Au Torchon" and pan-seared. The pan seared foie gras was served with grilled King oyster mushroom, balsamic caramel + arugula, and the "Au Torchon" was served with an apricot and vanilla compote.

Duo of Foie Gras
Duo of Duck Foie Gras

S had the cream of celery soup to start.

Celery Soup
Cream of Celery Soup

And for his main, he had the flank steak with a three pepper sauce, served with potatoes and veggies on the side.

Steak
Flank Steak with Three Pepper Sauce

For dessert, a very seasonal and Candian dessert: fresh blueberries with maple syrup!

Blueberries with Maple Syrup
Blueberries with Maple Syrup

Le Louis-Hébert
668 Grande-Allée Est
Québec City, Québec, Canada
Telephone: 418-525-7812

Le Louis Hebert on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

This is a great idea..and this resto looks so nice.
Thank you.

Hmm. It looks delicious. I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to visit Quebec City. Sadly, the farthest east I've been is only to Montreal. :(

It all looks delicious as usual! Good choices :)
I've only been to Quebec City in the winter and it's beautiful; this time of the year must be great too.