Brockton Villa Restaurant, San Diego

Brockton Villa Restaurant

While writing my recent San Diego posts, it reminded me of a bunch of other San Diego posts that I have been putting off.

Brockton Villa Restaurant is an old beach cottage, dating back to the late 19th century, that is situated on top of the beautiful La Jolla cove.

CK and I brunched here a few months back while we were strolling around the La Jolla Cove area. Although a little chilly in February, we got a table on the patio that had a spectacular view.

La Jolla Cove
La Jolla Cove

I debated between a cappuccino and an an apple cider to warm myself up, and decided on the latter. I had absolutely no regrets, and it turned out to be one of the best ciders I ever had. It was a nice strong blend of apple and spices.

Apple Cider
Apple Cider

I wasn't in the mood for breakfast food, so I ordered the Kobe beef patty melt. The Kobe beef patty was sandwiched in between two slices of toasted rye, and condiments included gruyere, balsamic onions, and chive aioli. A cold gardiniera pasta salad was served on the side.

I found the sandwich a little too greasy. The aioli was bursting through the pores of the crispy pan fried bread, and my hands were covered in cream and grease by the end of the meal.

Kobe Beef Patty Melt
Kobe Beef Patty Melt

CK was smart and ordered what they are known for, their coast toast: a very rich french toast that tastes more like a soufflé. It is made with baguette style bread, and has a hint of orange flavor. They warn that it takes a bit of time to make, but as they claim, it really is worth the wait. The french toast was served with a side of fresh fruit, and potatoes.

Coast Toast
Coast Toast

Brockton Villa Restaurant
1235 Coast Blvd.
La Jolla, California, USA
Telephone: 858-454-7393

Breakfast Menu

Brockton Villa on Urbanspoon

0 comments: