MBCO (Montreal Bread Company), Montreal

MBCO, Montreal

Another place I visited in Montreal was MBCO (Montreal Bread Company). I have to admit, I had gone to Olive and Gourmando first, but I learned that they close on Sundays and Mondays :-(
MBCO is a little European-style cafe serving morning and afternoon eats such as croissants, brioches, hand carved sandwiches, and thin crust pizza. They always have funky world music or jazz playing, and I love the warehouse feel of this establishment.

MBCO, Montreal

CK and I used to visit this place regularly, and I used to order their sandwiches everytime I went.

On this visit, I decided on the pepper crusted tuna nicoise salad instead of a sandwich. This was a green salad with tomatoes, creamy potatoes, fresh capers, red onions, olives, and seared tuna. It was served with a very nice sesame dressing.

The only thing I didn't like about this salad was that the tuna tasted like it was cooked hours before it was served. It was cold and slightly dry on the edges. I would have much preferred the tuna to be freshly prepared.

Tuna Salad
Pepper Crusted Tuna Nicoise Salad

It was a cold day and the patio chairs were still out, which meant the doors were slightly open. I was freezing and needed something warm. I ordered an awesome Mightly Leaf chamomile citrus tea.

Mighty Leaf Chamomile Citrus Tea
Mighty Leaf Chamomile Citrus Tea

Mighty Leaf tea comes in beautiful hand crafted silken tea pouches that are biodegradable. The tea blends I've tried have all been great, and some blends have beautiful dried flowers in them.
The food wasn't as spectacular as I remembered it being, but it was still nice to be back.

MBCO (Montreal Bread Company)
1447 Rue Stanley
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Telephone: 514-284-0404

Mbco (Montreal Bread company) on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

hey! I remember walking by here when I was in Montreal. I almost went in but we decided to go for a more proper sit-down meal that day.

Have I told you I LOVE your resto photos? They are so cool!!
And I never heard of that tea..Thank you!!

The Asian Pear,
Cool...I find it's always neat when you can connect a random blog post to your own experiences.

La Table De Nana,
Thanks!! Mighty Leaf tea is awesome. Their pouches and tea blends are so beautiful. They are also very tasty...I've been meaning to buy some Mighty Leaf tea to bring to work.

It's really nice to be able to soak in the atmosphere of the place you're dining in, and I love that the warehouse setting gives a very funky vibe. I love, love, love that photo of the beautiful tea bag! I am a tea lover, and I have never in my life seen such an elegant way to serve tea! Perfect shots!!

Throw a futon in there and I could live in that space!