Figs, Boston

Figs, Boston

I wasn't feeling 100% on one of my evenings in Boston, so instead of going out to eat, I decided to have the food come to me. When I read that Figs delivered lunch and dinner, I called the restaurant and had pizza delivered to my hotel. That evening, I ate my pizza while learning all about Sawfish on the National Geographic Channel. It was kinda fun vegging out.

Figs is owned by celebrity chef and restaurateur, Todd English. He is best known for his show Food Trip with Todd English and his successful restaurant chain, Olives. In addition to these achievements, he has published three cookbooks, and has won several James Beard Foundation awards. If that's not enough, he was listed as one of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 2001. That's one heck of a CV if you ask me.
Now that you know the man behind Figs, here is what I had:

To start, I had the roasted beet salad. The salad had red & chioggia beets, frisee, red onions, blue cheese, crispy shallots & toasted pecans. The salad was good but the beets didn't taste very roasted.

Roasted Beet Salad
Beet Salad

For my main meal, I ordered a half and half pizza.

One half was the fig & prosciutto pizza. It had a crisp rosemary crust, fig & balsamic jam, prosciutto, and Gorgonzola cheese. I found the fig & balsamic jam too overpowering and a tad too sweet. The prosciutto taste got lost in the jam. I probably should have stuck to my instincts and ordered the spicy shrimp pizza instead.

Fig and Prosciutto Pizza
Fig and Prosciutto Pizza

The other half of my pizza was the roasted pulled chicken pizza. In addition to the chicken, the pizza had provolone cheese, basil oil & caramelized onions. The basil oil definitely added a nice touch.

Pulled Chicken Pizza
Pulled Chicken Pizza

Overall, my meal wasn't bad but it was hard to judge because of the take-out factor. I definitely think my meal would have been better had I dined at the restaurant instead. By the time my food arrived, the pizza was warm, and the cheese wasn't gooey anymore.

Figs (Beacon Hill)
42 Charles Street
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Telephone: 617-742-3447

Figs (Charlestown)
67 Main Street
Charlestown, Massachusetts, USA
Telephone: 617-242-2229

Figs on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

I have never seen DELIVERY look this good!!!

Coincidentally(SP? I am French:) )

I just read an article on Todd English ..

I like him!!

Awesome blog! So happy to find you!