The Village Cafe, Ottawa

The Village Cafe, Ottawa

Nothing can compare to a close sisterly bond. I love my sis Freebs and get excited everytime we get to see each other. I hadn't seen her in a while so when she called to see if I wanted to meet up for lunch, I said yes! without any hesitation.

I also invited CK and the three of us spent the afternoon laughing and being silly. What I love most is this common understanding Freebs and I have because we grew up together. I never have to explain anything. Freebs just gets it.

For lunch, the three of us met at The Village Cafe. What I like about this place is that its easy and casual. It's in the trendy Westboro neighborhood and its a friendly, no fuss restaurant.

CK and I split the Mediterranean plate, which was plenty for the 2 of us. It had grilled vegetables, marinated eggplant, olives, tzatziki, hummus, grilled pita wedges, spanikopita and rice stuffed grape leaves. This is one of the best Mediterranean plates I have had in Ottawa. What I loved was that their veggies were freshly grilled and not marinated. Their pita was soft like Turkish pide bread which I love. This is my new go-to dish at this place.

Mediterranean Platter
Mediterranean Plate
 
Freebs ordered the roast beef & swiss sandwich served on multi grain bread. This was a fresh and hearty sandwich filled with a generous amount of roast beef, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, swiss cheese and rosemary mayonnaise. I have tried a few other sandwiches at Village Cafe and this is my favorite so far.

All sandwiches are served with a side salad with a choice between multi grain bread, sour dough, foccacia, grilled pita, or a grilled tortilla wrap.
 
Roast Beef Sandwich
Roast Beef and Swiss Sandwich
 
295 Richmond Road
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Telephone: 613-728-2162

The Village Café on Urbanspoon

0 comments: