Emirates Airline Food - Sydney to Christchurch

View landing into Christchurch

This was our view as we landed into Christchurch. Our trip to New Zealand was amazing but much too short. I wish words and pictures could describe what we saw and experienced.

I chose to fly to Christchurch with Emirates specifically for the food. For a 2.5 hour flight in Economy class, you get a nice meal that includes a starter, main, and dessert.

Before the meal, a hot refreshing towel is brought to you. On the flights I've been on in North America, hot towels are only provided in business class.

After the towels, you are presented with a menu for the flight. For the Sydney - Christchurch flight, brunch was served.

The starter was fresh seasonal fruit.
For the main course, it was a choice between a swiss cheese omelette or pesto tortellini.
Dessert was New York cheesecake with a sweet caramel sauce.

Cheese, crackers, chocolate, and orange juice were also served.

Emirates Airline Meal - Sydney to Christchurch

I chose the pesto tortellini as my main course. I expected the pesto part to be the sauce. Instead, it was tortellini stuffed with pesto, and topped with a rich three cheese cream sauce and roasted capsicum relish. On the side was steamed broccoli.

Pesto Tortellini - Emirates

The pasta was ok, just a tad plain. I wish I had gotten the swiss cheese omelette instead. You know how it works, you want what you can't have.
Other perks on the flight included:

- Free magazines. I picked up Vogue Australia, and Vogue Living Australia.

- Complimentary stuffed animals for young children.

- Extensive in-flight entertainment. They had over 100 movies, TV shows, etc. I couldn't believe the selection they had. They also have a large selection of World movies in languages such as Mandarin, Bengali, Tagalog, and Farsi.

1 comments:

Des photos magnifiques, je voyagerais bien avec toi !